Among the things that we decided not to scrimp was our Wedding, Photographer. And since we are into photography ourselves, it was actually one of the most tedious and difficult decisions that we have to do. It even came to a point that we had sleepless nights wondering if we made the right decision because we had to let go of our hard-earned money when we decided to change our Wedding Photographer. It was actually one of the best highlights of our wedding planning that we really learned a lot from. Thankfully though, we found out that every penny was worth it after our wedding! Below is our supplier review for our wedding Photographer— MYIO OKAMOTO PHOTOGRAPHY
- Supplier Rating: 5/5
- Mode of Communication: Email, FB Chat
- Contact Person: Myio Okamoto
- Package: Wedding Photography
If you have been following our previous posts, you would have remembered that Myio Okamoto wasn’t our first choice for our Wedding Photographer. Although Myio was a WAW-find supplier (Thanks to Wedding at Works) thanks to a WAWIE friend who was also his former client, we were able to get Myio’s attention at a time when we felt we really need to make that “move”. Although Myio seemed promising at that time, our attention was caught by two other known Wedding Photographers due to their vast years of experience, style, and budget. But what we didn’t know is that in the end, we’ll be with someone who is way younger than our initial options but has an underrated talent.
Among the things in the checklist that we did for choosing our own Wedding Photographer and Videographer, Style has stood out as well as Work Quality and Output when we finally decided to get Myio Okamoto for our wedding. His style was actually a combination of editorial, edgy and candid. When looking at his portfolio, the perspective of the angles was not too structured but still has that kick to it. One can also immediately appreciate how natural the candidness of the photos were and how it leaves a certain wow-factor statement. Also, during that time we didn’t really cared much if his rate would be beyond our budget (supposed to be a big no as a budget couple) because its the output that we were eyeing for in the first place and unfortunately, we already lack time because our wedding is only 8 weeks away!
Similar to other wedding suppliers whom we met for final detailing, we met Myio for coffee at Trinoma where he showed his sample wedding albums and discussed further our wedding pegs. We were honestly surprised when we first saw him since he definitely looked really young! We even joked about how he would pass like a College student instead of a professional supplier. In person, Myio was really shy and humble. He didn’t even boast about his achievements as a wedding supplier to get our attention but instead, showed us samples of his portfolio that he carried with him. We also found out that he used to shoot for other big time Wedding Photographers in the country where he was able to hone his talent before finally deciding to start his own brand. His story was really inspiring since he never went to formal school nor took any formal classes, but only played around with his camera when he was small until he decided to do professional photography at the age of 17. The kid has definitely lots of potentials and that’s what we felt when we met him in person. Amidst the initial impression that we had, looks can really be deceiving since Myio proved he was way more talented than we expected.
He and his team arrived early at the hotel so we had enough time to do the bridal preps photo shoot. Since we already met prior to our wedding, the connection was already established. Instead of being awkward, we felt comfortable around him like they were our long lost brothers from another mother! His team was also jolly to be around, but still manages to be professional to a T. It was also a good idea that we were able to get suppliers who seemed to have a good relationship with each other and who had worked before because the atmosphere felt really light and happy. Everyone would just throw jokes and people would just start laughing.
Working with a great photographer like Myio is a dream come true for us, who is into photography as well. And honestly, words are not enough to describe how awesome our wedding photos had turned out — especially the raw ones that don’t need editing! His work really speaks for what he can do and at a young age, his potential is really huge!
Among our suppliers, he is obviously one of the main reasons why reputable and known wedding sites noticed our wedding. If ever we’d have our wedding again, we would always chose Myio in a heartbeat! ❤ ❤ ❤
- Superbly amazing photos!!! They produce artistically-done images that you just won’t get tired of looking for decades! Our wedding features are a living testament of that! ❤
- Myio and his team came early and were automatically on work-mode upon entering the Hotel Preps area. They also seem to have a great working relationship with our Coordinator, Videographer, and the rest of our major suppliers so there were no problems during our wedding.
- The team was composed of young, amazing talents that deal with their clients Professionally, ensuring a great working atmosphere. They were so fun to be with, it’s as if you’re just talking to your longtime friends.
- Communicating with them before, during and especially even after the wedding was not a problem. Myio would really find time to respond with our concerns especially with our requests for the final output of our Wedding Albums.
- They’ve got great and affordable packages and would always offer promos during Bridal Fairs.
- There were some important shots that the team forgot to take such as the Mom and Daughter photo during the Bridal preps.
- We had a two revisions for the draft revisions for our Wedding Photo Albums that went on for months before it was finally published. There were some minor misunderstanding in the selection of photos, how the layout would be done and with the printing for the final output. But, this was something you can actually overlook because of the excellent “super-duper” final product!
Myio Okamoto Photography
FB: Myio Okamoto Photography
(+63917) 178 6946