The Confirmation or Kumpil Ceremony is one of the seven sacraments of the Catholic Church that is required by an individual if they wish to be married in the Catholic rites in the Philippines. Normally, this ceremony can be obtained when the parishioner reaches the age of 10 onwards but only if the person has already been Baptized in the Roman Catholic Church as a pre-requisite.
But the question is, what if you seemed to “forget” if you had undergone this Catholic ritual before? Or what if, if you really haven’t done it before? What can you do? Is it possible for an adult individual to get it rather quickly?
The answer honestly varies depending on who you’re talking to aka Parish Priest and Church. But thankfully though there’s a Catholic Church in Manila who gives “hassle-free confirmation” intended for couples who are planning to get married. Check the details below:
Church: National Shrine of Saint Michael and the Archangels or San Miguel Church
Address: 1000 Gen. Solano St, San Miguel, Manila
Fee: Php 600 per head
- At least 12 years old and above
- Photocopy of Baptismal Certificate (with annotation for Marriage Purpose)
- At least 1 qualified adult Sponsor (to become your Ninong or Ninang)
- Must wear an upper white garment
- Schedule every Thursdays and Sundays only
- Registration starts at 8:00 AM
- Confirmation Seminar at 9:00 AM
- Confirmation Ceremony at 10:00 AM
- Releasing of Confirmation Certificates at 11:00 AM
Confused on what to do first? Don’t fret! For a quick timeline on what you’re supposed to start with here’s our Step-by-Step Wedding Legal Requirements Process, click HERE.
What to have an idea how to obtain a Certificate of Freedom to Marry from your church overseas? Please click HERE.
To get an idea of how we did it. Please see this post Wedding Legal Requirements Timeline HERE.
Some reference credit to SAC, to our Coordinator and HERE 🙂