All this time Garry has this idea of how he wants his bride to come to the church and he already pictured it with a white vintage car. Below is our supplier review for our bridal car supplier — DON ROBERT’S BRIDAL CAR
- Supplier Rating: 3.5/5
- Mode of Communication: Email
- Contact Person: Mr Robert Bautista
Getting a bridal car is actually not on my priority list since when we booked our caterer, we already have a bridal car as one of our freebies. Budget-wise mas ok na yun and besides for me kasi iisa lang tingin ko sa kanila. But, Garry on the other hand has other thoughts. It was only a few months when we were doing our planning when he kept on suggesting about getting a bridal car kasi yun pala he has this visual image of me on this white vintage bridal car and when he saw this Studebaker model from a website that he was searching on, he knew we need to get it for our wedding! And so the search has begun.
It was actually easy to find this vintage car (Studebaker model) since the one that we booked, Don Robert’s Bridal Car was known in the wedding industry. The company’s website states that they’ve been featured in countless weddings, TV ads etc and when we inquired about the rates, they gave us a long list of models to check but Garry was definite on getting his 1932 Studebaker. So when we found out that the car is still available for our date we immediately booked it and paid the deposit last February 2016. Naalala ko sabi ni Garry na kahit out of the budget yung bridal car, we will get it and gagawa siya ng paraan just like with our other suppliers. From that statement I know na he really wants the car.
And then came our wedding day. Really, this was rather unexpected. Only a few hours before our wedding my bridal assistant, Varna, came to me and showed me photos of different bridal cars. Tatlo yung naaalala ko na dapat ko daw pagpilian kasi yung Studebaker bigla daw nasira on the way to the Church and ito lang yung cars with the same rate. It was almost 12 Noon at that time and I was about to change into my gown when she told me about this dilemma. Of course the first thing I thought of would be Garry’s reaction since he was the one who was persistent with it so I just told Varna to let Garry decide. So when I was about to go to the church, I didn’t find a Studebaker but saw a cute white vintage 1952 Mercedez Benz in front of the hotel’s entrance. Ibang bridal car ang dumating in replacement of the 1932 Studebaker that we paid for! At first I felt like hindi kami kakasya ng parents ko since my gown’s train was long but thankfully medyo nagkasya naman and okay din yung takbo nung car. Though as per my dad medyo nahirapan siya pumasok sa car kasi he’s 5’11 large built but yung car seems like it will only suit those who have petite frames. With my long train and ball gown designed ceremonial gown, literal na nasiksik talaga ako sa car. Also medyo mainit din yung AC but hindi ko na din masyado napansin since I’m feeling nervous na at that time.
With our package, free na yung flower decor though hindi ko masyado na appreciate since daisies and carnations lang yung ginamit na flowers. I was actually expecting for them to add roses since the car’s rental fee is expensive din for 3 hours of use. And then there’s this extra hour or two na needed budget for the bridal car since as per our coordinator, weddings need at least 4 hours from hotel to church to post-nup pictorial to venue. This was unforeseen since we initially thought the 3 hours rental would already suffice. But since we failed to secure the slot of our post nup location, and in order to save money na din we decided to use the rest of the time left with the car for our post nup pictorial. Dito na kami ng post nup! So ending, the bridal car was fully exposed na din on our wedding even though it wasn’t what we paid for!
- They have a long list of bridal cars – both modern and vintage, to choose from and the rates are affordable. The package comes with a simple free bridal car flowers.
- The owner, Mr Robert is prompt in replying about our inquiries so the transaction was very smooth and fast.
- The driver was really nice and friendly. He was a bit talkative but not in an annoying way, probably to help calm my nerves when we were travelling from the hotel to the church. Yun lang I forgot his name.
- We thought the 3 hours booking time is okay na but as per our OTD Coordinator’s reminder nag set kami ng extra budget for the extra hour. Talk about unforeseen miscellaneous expenses!
- The car that we booked didn’t arrive on our wedding but rather was replaced with a different one due to some “technical” issues as per the owner. Even if it was a bit disappointing, we just looked on the bright side na kung totoo talaga yung nangyari at least we were saved from some sort of accident that could’ve happened during our wedding because of “technical failures”.
**Tip!** Double check a day before the wedding about your Bridal Car’s status if okay or not so you won’t be surprised na iba na pala ang dadating on your wedding.
**Tip!** Have a budget for an extra hour for the car’s rental since usually weddings need at least 4 hours from hotel to church to post-nup pictorial to venue. If with traffic, 2 hours extra hour would suffice.
Don Robert’s Bridal Car