People have their own vision of what a perfect wedding ceremony would look like. Some want to do the unconventional way of tying the the knot on a garden, beach resort, clubhouse, museum, events venue or even under water on scuba outfits – but nothing would beat the traditional way of getting hitched on a beautiful and serene church. Weddings should definitely center on the matrimonal ceremony itself and not on the other secondary preparations. For Filipino Catholics like us, this would mean having your dream wedding ceremony on one of the hundreds of stunning, gorgeous and absolutely instragram-worthy Churches built all over the Philippine archipelago.
As a child I have always set my heart on getting married on two churches only both in Intramuros, either Manila Cathedral because of its enormous architectural design and San Agustin because of its vintage 3D paintings and lovely chandeliers. These churches both have this feeling of being transported back to colonial Spanish era. But when I went to College, I fell in love with our newly renovated church at home where my parents got married and this cute church in Caleruega that offers a serene view of the mountains.
When we got engaged, finding the perfect church for our wedding was not difficult because we shortlisted the areas where we would be married. My hometown, Caleruega, his hometown and Manila. In the end we ended up in Manila and of course I quickly showed him San Agustin when he was still eyeing another Catholic Masterpiece. My fiance fell in love with San Agustin at first sight and we knew it would be the one..and the rest is history.
While searching for our wedding ceremony options in Manila, we shortlisted some of the best looking Catholic Churches in the City and here’s what we found.
** Tip! ** Wedding Fee Range will depend on the inclusion such as flower decorations, flower decorations upgrades, choir, opening doors, etc. Church requirements and regulations also varies. Click the name of the Church to be directed to its official website.
1. MANILA CATHEDRAL or the Minor Basilica and Metropolitan Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception or The Mother of all Churches, Cathedrals and Basilicas of the Philippines.
- Cabildo St., Intramuros, Manila
- Wedding Fee range/hour: Php 15,000-50,000
- Wedding Inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org (look for Rosalie Coronel)
2. SAN AGUSTIN CHURCH or Immaculate Concepcion of Mary Parish. It is considered as the Oldest Church in the country, a world heritage site by UNESCO under the Baroque Churches of the Philippines and has consistenly been the Top Wedding Church in the Philippines because of its grandiose trompe l’oeil paintings, vintage designs and furnitures. Before booking, be sure to ask about the other charges like the Opening doors fee, SAC Museum fee and so on.
* Tip* For wedding reservation inquiries, be sure to call between 10AM-4PM except Monday.
- General Luna St., Intramuros, Manila
- Wedding Fee range/hour: Php 33,500 ++
- Wedding Inquiry: (+632) 527-2746 or 527-4952 (look for Ms Belen or Ms Norma)
3. SAN SEBASTIAN CHURCH or Basilica Menor de San Sebastian. With its unique Gothic architecture built in 1891, it is the only all-steel church in Asia that was designed with the help of the creator of Eiffel Tower in Paris, Mr Gustave Eiffel.
- Plaza del Carmen, Quiapo, Manila
- Wedding Fee range/hour: Php 24,000
- Wedding Inquiry: (+632) 734-8931
4. MALATE CATHOLIC CHURCH or Our Lady of Remedies Church. A Baroque-inspire church that was dedicated to the patron of childbirth.
- Rajah Sulayman Park, MH Del Pilar St., Malate, Manila
- Wedding Fee range/hour: Php 12,000-24,000
- Wedding Inquiry: (+632) 400-5876 to 77/ 523-2593 or email@example.com
5. PACO CHAPEL or St. Pancratius Chapel. It is as small vintage looking chapel inside the infamous Paco Park. This is ideal for small and intimate weddings.
- Inside Paco Park, Manila
- Wedding Fee range/hour: Php 18,000 ++
- Wedding Inquiry: (+632) 525-7853 or 524-2022 loc 119
6. UST CHURCH or Santissimo Rosario Parish. This is located inside the compound of University of Santo Tomas.
- Inside UST, Espana, Manila
- Wedding Fee range/hour: Php 24,000++ (10% discount if you are a UST Alumni)
- Wedding Inquiry: (+632) 734-8908
** Will update this later. Happy preps! 🙂 **