Aside from the bride, the Groom is also the star of the night which some people would really forget. With this fact being emphasized, he should also be treated well especially with the type of outfit that he’ll be wearing on his wedding day. Besides he’s also getting married to the love of his life!
- date of event
- tentative location
- contact information (email, mobile #, viber # etc)
- tell where you found out about them (optional, but this is good especially if you’re going to haggle for possible discounts later on due to referrals)
During initial inquiry ask your Groom’s Suit Couture or Designer about…
- Groom’s suit rates (tuxedo, coat/pants or barong)
- inclusion of the package
- with pants?
- with necktie or bowtie for suits/tuxedo?
- with inner shirt?
- with cummerband, if needed?
- recommended type of fabric for the chosen suit peg
- recommendation for appropriate and quality design for your body type, theme and budget
- recommendation for the style to be used on the suit or barong (thin embroidery, thick embroidery etc)
- lead time for the creation of the suit (usually around 3-4 weeks standard)
- total number of fittings
- preferred means of communication (especially for overseas couples) like email, viber, Facebook, whatsapp, skype etc
- measurement updates (for overseas grooms)
- contract details
- package upgrade
- package downgrade
- non-refundable deposits
- security deposits, if there is any
- payment terms (full payment or cash)
- preferred payment type (cash, remittance or through bank deposit)
- freebie, promo or discount if you booked them during Bridal Fairs
- discount if they will make your Father’s and entourage suits/barong
- tentative delivery date of the suit/barong
- other supplier recommendations like Stylist, Video team, HMUA, Coordinator etc
- Be sure you have your desired pegs ready (at least 3) before you personally meet with your Groom Suit designer or Tailor. If you can, try to create a vision board which will include photos of your dream suit or barong pegs.
- Be very specific with what you like. From this, your desired Groom Suit designer or Tailor would have an idea about what you like, your style and would also be able to tell you the possible price range of your suit or barong.
2 Comments Add yours
Any affordable groom suits designer to recommend?
Hi artistahindaw. You can check our review here for more info https://ourbudgetdreamwedding.com/2017/05/04/wedding-supplier-review-jeco-grooms-suit/