Fiance and I both know that when we did our initial wedding checklist, it wouldn’t stop with that. Although we wanted to just focus on the most important details, but as we go on with our wedding planning, a LOT of other things started popping ouf of nowhere. These are things that we thought we don’t need to consider but then we actually do. I’ll just continue with the list from where I stopped with Number #10.
11. Wedding Coordinator/Planner. Whether its Full Planning, Turn Over or On-the-Day, this is a must especially for overseas couples like us. I did a separate post on this with detailed explanation under Wedding Coordinator and Wedding Coordinator Rates. Since we both enjoy being hands-on at the moment and we have plenty of time with our wedding preps, we booked OTD for now but in case things would need Professional assistance that’s probably the time that we would resort to upgrade our Coordinator’s services to Turn-over.
12. The Cake. This is the crowning glory of any wedding reception so normally couples would set aside a budget for this – unless of course this would be given as a gift. The wedding cake in a reception is like the couple’s wedding dress in the ceremony. All eyes are automatically set on it once they enter the reception venue. So, couples usually felt obliged to have a stunner for a cake that is being displayed for hours, from start up to the end of the event. The cake’s height and size would depend on the couple’s preference but on a standard basis, wedding cakes should be at least 3 layers and up in height.
13. Hair and Make Up Artist (HMUA). Another major thing to consider especially with the popularity of Airbrush Makeup. Really! It’s like a God send for those who wanted to look flawless on their wedding day. Traditional makeup is also good but if you want that kind of makeup that would be and feel like second skin all throughout the event, then be sure to book this on your most special day. We’ll be posting a separate HMUA topic for those that we have asked for quotations. **Edited: HMUA Suppliers List here **
14. Lights and Sounds. When we got our venue package I thought the LS inclusion is enough (basic sounds and the chandelier lights only). But I was wrong. In our case since we will be having a night time reception, it would definitely be dark so professional lights and sounds (with a good DJ) would come in handy. Unfortunately its difficult to search for a good Lights and Sounds supplier when you are overseas since you wanted to experience first hand how they work. But if you have a coordinator, their opinion would be highly regarded to make your decision.
15. Hotel Preparation and Accommodation. In the old days, you can do your preps at home unless you have extra cash to book a room at a nearby hotel or lodge. But for weddings especially if the ceremony area is far from your house, it is best to set a budget for decent Hotels or Rented House to do the preps and pictorial. This saves time and less hassle for travel.
16. Musical Ensemble/Strings. Some opt not to have these but for music lovers, this is a must. Besides who wouldn’t want to have a musical ensemble play your wedding march or serenade you and your fiance with your favorite songs during your couple’s dance? The thoughts are just way too romantic!
17. Wedding Rings. This is probably one of the most important aspect of a wedding event. A lot of factors are also needed to consider when choosing one such as metal, style, gem type, color and engravement. Some prefer to keep it simple by buying plain gold rings or silver without any stone. Will definitely depend on the couple.
18. Wedding Host/ Emcee. They can be considered as the life of the reception party. Hosts not only entertain the couple, family and guests but as well as initiates and leads what has to be done in a reception. It’s a make or break situation. Just imagine attending an event without a set program? What more in your own wedding?
19. Crew Meals. This is something we didn’t really considered at first, thinking that when you book a supplier, they would be the ones who would provide their own meals for their crews as part of the package. So be sure to allot around Php 10,000 ++ (usually composed of 2 meals) if you would have at least 30 people who will be working on that day to make your dream wedding a reality. If in case during the wedding there are a few vacant slots in the guestlist, it is advisable to use the slots to be given to the suppliers as crew meals.
20. Bridal Car. This can be considered as part of luxury if the couple wanted to show off especially if it’s a rented car since usually they would cost around Php 6,500++ depending on the area and decorations. Couples can decide if this is an important part of their wedding checklist or not.
21. Honeymoon. Although it is a must, this would depend on the couple if they have extra time and money to spare. Early booking for flight, hotels, tours and /or resorts is advisable. Be sure that there is sufficient cash on hand or credit on the card. Online bookings will give ample choice for discounts and promos.
22. Officiating Priest. Most Churches already offer this service as a package when the church fee has been paid but it will depend on the couple if they know some Priest for sentimental reasons. Tips are also advised to be given after the wedding, but not compulsory.
23. Misalette/ Church offertory/ Candles/ Arrhae/ Ring Pillows/Wedding Cord/Veils. For the Misalette, you can only acquire this and reprint your own copy for your wedding after you completed all your church docs and procedures. For Church offertory, it would depend on the couple what they want to offer during the ceremony. The others, It is best to check with the wedding gown designer if they are already included in the package or have them DIY it by going to Divisoria. Or you can check suppliers who can do them for you if you don’t have enough time or lack creativity skills.
24. Photo Booth. Who doesn’t want to have their photos taken and have it printed out on the day of the event itself? This looks ideal for those who doesn’t want to spend more on guest’s souvenirs. Make sure the standard package is at least 3 hours of service for around Php 7,000++.
25. Souvenirs/ Thank You Gifts. This should be seen as a token of appreciation from teh newly wed couple towards the people who came to celebrate their special day with them. For Ninongs and Ninangs — this is a must where it has a few percentage from the wedding budget itself. For the MOH, BM, Bridesmaids and Groomsmen — it will depend also on the couple’s budget.
26. Legal Documents. This is a no-brainer. I’ll expound it on a single post.
27. Banners/ Artist Canvas/Place Cards. You can have it done through your caterer, event stylist, invitations supplier or have it DIY.
** Updated as of 13 JANUARY 2017. Happy preps! 🙂